Saturday, June 25, 2011

What Would Maude Do?

i just finished watching Harold and Maude again. i've seen it so many times, but every time is like the first time. i catch a new insight, a new feeling, a new glimpse into what life could be if i would decide that it was important enough to make it that way.

my primary desire in life: to LIVE life in the way Maude teaches Harold to live.

my second desire in life: to CREATE a movie that affects people (and myself) in the way this movie affects me. there is no greater work of art than one that can create such a flood of glorious emotion, Unnamed and Powerful. leaving the witness feeling raw, invigorated, shaken, uplifted, and swollen with the desire to LIVE LIFE in the way it is supposed to be lived.

this movie fills me with more inspiration and fuel than any self-help book or 12-step program. because it FEELS so REAL and possible! it feels like Maude is just an older version of myself, and Harold is me where i am, and i am showing myself the way to my own Kingdom.

the movie finishes with me pouring out emotion through my face and chest, reveling in the immensity and beauty of the pure energy that i feel. it is magnificent to be alive, and i MUST take action TODAY to live my life in Maude's Image.

that would be a wonderful tattoo: What Would Maude Do?

perfect for the inner wrist. i've been trying to come up with a short phrase to go on the inside of my right wrist (the left is taken up by the Czech Lion) to remind me to let go and be free and easy in my life. i think that is a lovely line of thinking... perhaps a better phrasing will come to mind.

i love feeling this awake!

love!

No comments:

Post a Comment